17 Dec Wishing You a Happy, Healthy and Safe Holiday
Stocking up on N95 masks is one way to make sure you and your loved ones stay safe this holiday season, but there are other steps you can take to make sure your holidays are happy ones.
“This isn’t just the time of year that we eat more than usual, it’s also the time when we have the most household accidents and fires,” the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) says.
To help make your celebrations merry, they offer these decorating safety tips:
- When purchasing a live tree, check for freshness – and be sure to keep your tree supplied with an adequate amount of fresh water. Dried out Christmas trees are the cause of hundreds of home fires every year,
- If you are going with an artificial tree, make sure to buy one that is fire-resistant. Look for the label telling you so.
- Sometimes you just have to let those old decorations go. “Cracked or frayed sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a shock or start a fire,” ESFI says.
- They say you should, “Keep all decorations three feet away from heat sources, including space heaters and fireplaces.” So, be careful where you hang those stockings.
- Candles can be an important part of holiday traditions. For added safety, the ESFI says, “Consider using battery-operated candles in place of traditional candles.”
- And no matter how big your tree is, don’t connect more than three strands of incandescent lights together. The ESFI suggests using LED lights, which use less energy and run cooler than incandescent lights.
Wearing a face mask at all holiday gatherings is also very important.
Not sure which N95 masks to get? Our sample pack of face masks includes five different styles of mask, including:
- N95 3M COOL FLOW
- FFP2 BEI BEI
- N95 PARTICULATE RESPIRATOR ZHONG ZYB 11
- KN95 MASK FFP2
- STEALTH AIR DISPOSABLE MASK
If you have questions, contact us.
Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy holiday!